TOKYO BAY (EAST) AREA
The Perfect Destination for Water Sports and Railway Fans
For fans of water sports and railways, there is no other place like East Tokyo Bay. The area fuses historical and modern Japanese infrastructure with the legacy left behind by Tokyo 2020.
A Blend of Nostalgia and Modernity
The east side of Tokyo Bay is a place that skillfully merges nostalgia with modernity and history with the present and the future. This is on full display in inner-bay areas like Tatsumi, Kasai, and their environs on the east of Tokyo Bay, where new Olympic venues and shitamachi (old town) neighborhoods thrive side-by-side.
Tokyo Bay (East) Instagram Effect
We create this Instagram Effect
so everyone can experience what it's like to visit Tokyo!
Use the effect to take a picture at one of the Tokyo Bay (East)'s
Olympic venues or sightseeing landmarks.
Enjoy your virtual trip to Tokyo!
- Kasai Canoe Slalom Centre
- First artificial slalom course in Japan
- A shopping complex that values human interaction with nature
- Tokyo Aquatics Centre
- Tokyo 2020 Games newly developed swimming facility
- docomo bike share service
- Borrow bikes in many locations to cycle around Tokyo
- Tsukiji Hongwanji Temple
- Temple famous for unique, ancient Buddhist architecture
- Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo
- Contemporary art museum with an extensive library
- Tokyo Metro Museum
- Experience firsthand Tokyo's subway system history
- YURIKAMOME Line
- Self-driving monorail with panoramic views of the bay
- shikAI navigation system for the visually impaired
- Smartphone voice guidance for the visually impaired
- Yumenoshima Park Archery Field
- Tokyo 2020 Games newly developed archery facility
- Toyosu Market
- World's largest wholesale market of seafood and vegetables
- Bus Rapid Transit
- Bus rapid system connecting the city and bay area
- Tsukishima Monja Street
- Cultural street with many Monjayaki restaurants