WEST TOKYO AREA
Tranquility, Nature and Local Food Culture
In west Tokyo, beyond the city’s urban limits, parklands and rolling hills starkly contrast the high-rise downtown façade. This is exemplified by natural landmarks like Mt. Takao and Mt. Mitake thrusting upwards from the verdant landscape along with seasonal flower parks and botanical gardens. While it has always been a popular destination for locals, in recent years, Western Tokyo has also become a regular port of call for domestic and international tourists who want to experience Japanese nature without straying too far from the capital. In 2021, it was here in this part of Tokyo, where the world’s best equestrians and their horses gathered to make history at the Tokyo 2020 Games.
Nature, culture and sport out of the city center
Most travelers to Tokyo are familiar with the bustling heart of Tokyo and its 23 wards, but the beauty of this vast city certainly does not end there. Western Tokyo, while still being a part of the greater Tokyo metropolis, offers visitors the chance to experience a variety of natural attractions, including extensive parks, mountains, and gorges. Nishitokyo is home to numerous sport and leisure facilities, the most famous being the TOKYO STADIUM (AJINOMOTO STADIUM), which played an essential role in the Tokyo 2020 Games. The facilities showcased here can all be reached within an hour from central Tokyo.
West Tokyo Instagram Effect
We create this Instagram Effect
so everyone can experience what it's like to visit Tokyo!
Use the effect to take a picture at one of the West Tokyo's
Olympic venues or sightseeing landmarks.
Enjoy your virtual trip to Tokyo!
- Inokashira Park
- Metropolitan park filled with vast nature
- Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum
- An open-air museum that exhibits several relocated historical buildings
- Musashino Forest Sport Plaza
- Tokyo 2020 Games wheelchair basketball, badminton, and modern pentathlon venue
- GREEN SPRINGS
- "Wellbeing Town" connecting the sky, the earth, and people
- Odakyu Railway Accessibility
- Barrier-free access at Tokyo train stations
- An amusement park that can be enjoyed by all ages
- Equestrian Park
- Tokyo 2020 Games equestrian venue
- Mt. Takao Food
- Enjoy the view of Mt. Takao and delicious snacks
- Kooriya Peace
- Pictureseque, delicious kakigori (shaved ice) available year-round
- Takaosanguchi Tourist Office
- Multilingual support options in the West Tokyo area
- Tokyo Stadium (AJINOMOTO STADIUM)
- Tokyo 2020 Games football, rugby, and modern pentathlon venue
- Showa Kinen Park
- A vast park where you can enjoy seasonal flowers and plants
- TAKAO 599 MUSEUM
- Mt. Takao museum named after the mountain's elevation
- Universal Design Taxi
- Taxis that make Tokyo more accessible for all